In a Nutshell
[Full Day Private Tour] This full day guided history tour of Cape Town gives you an incredible overview of the rich and sometimes turbulent heritage of the Cape. It involves a few museums and visits to different parts in and out of the city as well as a visit to the historic Groot Constantia wine estate right outside the city. Your private, local guide will share his or her little secrets, relevant and interesting facts and hidden gems along the way.
Pickup 8am ~ 5pm drop-off.
- Walk through the Company Gardens and learn about the role the Dutch played in colonising the Cape
- Visit the Slave Lodge which explains the impact the slave trade had on the formation of Cape Town
- Explore the District Six Museum in the heart of the city and learn about the forced removals during Apartheid
- Visit the famous brightly coloured houses of the Bo-Kaap
- Discover the heritage of the vibrant Cape Malay people at the Bo-Kaap Museum
- Look out for the Rhodes Memorial, University of Cape Town and see if you can the Quagga (a cross between a Zebra and a horse) as you drive to historic Constantia
- Take a step back in time with a cellar tour and chocolate and award winning wine pairing at one of the oldest wineries in South Africa, Groot Constantia
- Drive home via the coastal town of Hout Bay to catch the sunset on your way to your final stop, Camps Bay beach