In response to the coronavirus pandemic, Explore Sideways has launched its Health and Safety Commitment program. With the wellbeing of our guests at the top of our priority list, extreme measures have been put into place to ensure that each and every aspect of our experiences follows strict health and safety guidelines.
Our private guides have received an in-depth briefing on precautions that they will need to take before, during and after all of our tours and experiences. They will be expected to:
- Be tested and screened before all tours and experiences
- Wear masks at all times
- Wear disposable gloves when handling any luggage
Our private vehicles used on all tours and experiences will be disinfected before and after use by our guides. They will also be wiped down during the duration of a tour or experience. All vehicles will be equipped with:
- Alcohol-based sanitiser
- Alcohol-based wet wipes
- 3-layer material face masks (for purchase)
In addition to the other protocols taken to keep our guests safe, all of our guests will be expected to:
- Complete a health questionnaire and have their temperature taken before any tour or experience
- Wear a face mask throughout a tour or experience
- Sanitise their hands every time they enter the vehicle
Our Tours & Experiences
While all of our tours and experiences are private, they will be adapted to increase social distancing and to avoid any areas known to attract larger crowds. We will also:
- Make sure all activities are prepaid
- Include virtual activities if preferred
- Work with suppliers to create the best possible experience
“Clean & Safe” Certification from Turismo de Portugal
All Explore Sideways experiences in Portugal have been approved by Turismo de Portugal. The “Clean & Safe” badge certifies that our experiences are compliant with their hygiene and cleaning requirements for the prevention and control of COVID-19 and other possible infections.
Postpone Your Plans
While it might not feel right to even think about travelling right now, there will be a time when you’ll be ready to pack your bags and head out on your next adventure. Explore Sideways encourages its guests that have made a booking to postpone their experiences to a later date. If, however, a guest decides to cancel due to a coronavirus related issue, a full refund will be issued.