In a Nutshell
[Full Day Private Tour] On the City Foodie Tour you will experience the flavours that are unique to South Africa and Cape Town. With our traditional biltong & droewors (spiced and cured meat) and koeksisters (kinda like a donut) you’ll see Cape Town through the eyes and taste buds of a local. Cape town is a melting pot of different cultural and ethnic groups that will share their foodie passion with you. The astonishing variety of food that Cape Town has to offer will let you taste the passion the producers have for their craft. The city and surrounds are home to many cute coffee shops and local restaurants that will get your taste buds tingling.
Pickup 9am ~ 5pm drop-off.
- Visit an artisanal coffee roaster to kick start the morning
- Stop by Honest Chocolate – using only the finest raw (unroasted), organic Ecuadorian cacao this will be the perfect accompaniment with your brew
Take a walk to Frankie Fenner Meat Merchant for some biltong and droëwors, made the South African way!
- Visit the famous brightly coloured houses of the Bo-Kaap and learn about the heritage of the vibrant Cape Malay people
- Tuck into a Cape Malay selection of samosas and sweet treats like koeksisters and milk tart and visit to Atlas Spice Trading to shop for spices to take home
- Visit Publik Wine Bar for a taste of local and rare boutique South African wines
- End the day at an exclusive tasting featuring artisanal locally distilled gins, served with local Fynbos garnish