The Stellenbosch region takes its name from the town of Stellenbosch, a university town famous for classic Cape Dutch architecture and picturesque oak lined avenues (nicknamed Eikestad or City of Oaks). The town is the second oldest European settlement in the Western Cape after Cape Town and the region is home to some of the finest restaurants and wineries in South Africa. Its in this region that you’ll be able to taste local wine, cheese and biltong (spiced, cured meat…a local delicacy).
Sign Up for the Sideways Newsletter!
Most Popular Bookable Experiences
- Best Views of the Cape - Cape Point, Peninsula Tour & Tasting
- Best of the Cape Winelands (Stellenbosch & Franschhoek)
- Ultimate Foodie Tour in Franschhoek
- Exclusive Stellenbosch Wine Tour & Tasting
- Best of Hemel-en-Aarde Cool Climate Wine Valley
- Half Day Private Cape Town City or Wine Tour
- Whale Watching & Hermanus Wine Tour (Seasonal)
- Best of Fabulous Franschhoek Wine Tour & Tasting