Do you find yourself seeking out the coolest hole-in-the-wall restaurants? Are you the one that organizes events for you and your friends? Do you love solving difficult problems and thrive in the feeling of accomplishment as the results stack up? If so, you might be the perfect new intern on the Explore Sideways team!
Explore Sideways is a food and wine tourism platform seeking to disrupt the travel industry in South Africa and abroad. Our small and energetic team is seeking an equally enthusiastic candidate that will help compile complex itineraries, conduct tasks like winery & restaurant bookings via telephone and email and management of all social media platforms. The ideal candidate also shares our passion for wine, food, design and awesomely authentic travel experiences. This is an incredible opportunity to work closely with an international team of influencers and to help pave the way for experiential tourism in South Africa and beyond.
Client services, admin, event planning, social media, backend website maintenance, billing and learning about wine! Must be a self-starter that is very detail oriented and enjoys looking for new ways to optimize existing processes, big or small. Excellent communication skills, organization, professionalism and attention to detail are essential in this fast-paced work environment.
- Conduct winery and restaurant bookings via phone/email
- Communicate with VIP guests and tour operators
- Compile detailed luxury itineraries inclusive of detailed logistics & timing
- Administrative assistance
- Social media management (Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, Pinterest)
- Uploading new tours into the website backend
- Create beautiful itineraries – Write copy and compile imagery that illustrates the tour
Additional knowledge or skills:
- Passion for food, wine, art, design and travel
- Content creation for blog
- Copywriting and/or design skills
- Passion for food and wine
- Knowledge and passion for tourism and travel
- Event planning experience
- Photography or videography skills
Duration: 3-6 months
Workday: Monday-Friday from 9am-5pm
Requirements: Must provide personal computer and be able to arrive at work in Woodstock, Cape Town
If this internship looks like a match made in heaven, please email [email protected] with your CV and a cover letter explaining why you’d love the role.